Getting your child’s teeth straightened is not just a cosmetic choice. If they’re dealing with significant tooth gaps, misaligned teeth or an overbite that affects the way they speak or eat, then an orthodontic treatment can be beneficial for their long-term dental health.
Our specialists within Rio Dental & Orthodontics take a compassionate and comprehensive approach to straightening your child’s teeth. Because an orthodontic treatment can take several months or years to complete, we want to make sure that your child’s braces or aligners work seamlessly and work well with their lifestyle.
From active sports players to musicians, our dental professionals want to make sure your child can still enjoy their hobbies in addition to improving their dental health.
Types Of Orthodontic Treatments
At Rio Dental & Orthodontics we offer two options to straighten your teen or child’s teeth.
- Traditional Braces – These metallic brackets and wires are attached to your child’s teeth and will slowly adjust the position of their teeth over time. More severe cases of teeth misalignment can only be fixed through this type of treatment.
Alongside routine dental visits, your child will learn to take special care when brushing or flossing their teeth. They will also have to be mindful or restrict themselves from eating or drinking specific beverages that could damage their braces.
- Invisalign – Clear aligners offer a more subtle approach to straightening your child’s teeth. Because these aligners are removable, there are no food or beverage restrictions. It should be noted that while there are more freedoms given to those with Invisalign, your child needs to be able to routinely clean their aligners and wear them for at least 22 hours per day. The same amount of orthodontic care is given to patients who choose this treatment instead of traditional braces.
Unfortunately, those with moderate to severe misalignments or bites that affect their teeth’s nerves, are not eligible for Invisalign. Good candidates face mild misalignments that can be adjusted over several months with aligners.
Why Choose Rio Dental To Be Your Orthodontist In Garland, TX
Maintaining good oral hygiene and improving your child’s dental health can have significant impacts on their health throughout adulthood. With over 36% of citizens in the US having a fear of the dentist, our staff at Rio Dental & Orthodontics takes extra steps to provide a good impression for our younger patients. That’s why we provide
- A Calming Environment – The small, cold rooms of a dental office can be scary for some children. To make their experience as comfortable as possible, we make sure our office setting and staff create a tranquil environment where they will feel comfortable.
- Pediatric Dental Specialists – Our staff members are specifically trained to listen, interact and establish an empathetic environment for younger patients.
- Incentives For Dental Patients – Because the dentist can be a physically and emotionally demanding feat for younger patients, we reward them with prizes at the end of each visit.
- Convenient Appointments – When your braces become dislodged, your child cannot wait for weeks to get them fixed. That’s why our practice offers convenient and sometimes same-day appointments to address dental emergencies that arise.
- Sedation Options – If your teen or child faces moderate to severe anxiety due to a previously poor dental experience, our office also offers pharmaceutical options to ease any fears. We have nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, in addition to other state-of-the-art options that would allow your child to feel calmer in a twilight state of mind.
Are you ready to schedule your child’s appointment with our Garland orthodontist? Contact our staff now, so we can begin the process of making your child’s beautiful smile even better.